SSH into Nginx docker

dgooglr

Hi,

So im all set with unraid and it works great.

I just installed Nginx and I’m able to see the page etc. however I would like to test out react and especially Gatsby js.

I’m struggling to understand how I can do that without SSH. (as im not able to ssh into that docker container)

Can anyone explain it to me please?

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

image.png.06edef32251f8cad3176c75f18830fe6.png

or alternatively, ssh into your server, then

docker exec -it nginx /bin/bash

Ok thanks. So first of all if I access it from web gui then none of my normal commands will work like: sudo apt-get update etc?

Same if I ssh into my unraid server and use that command, Im not able to use apt-get etc. Any pointers here?

Then apt-get is not installed in the container, and you will have to either install it yourself somehow or talk to the maintainers of it and see if they won't add it in.  (or switch to a VM)

Should be noted however that any changes etc you make inside a container will not survive any updates to the container.

Edited by Squid

Ok, that explains that. So I have now set up ubuntu in a VM, but when I use the console in the web gui, it doesnt give me many commands. so same issue here with the apt-get command. Any ideas what I need to do here?

Ideally I would just use remote desktop connection on my windows laptop to access it, but that gives me an error so im not able to do that.

Edited by dgooglr
2 minutes ago, dgooglr said:

when I use the console in the web gui, it doesnt give me many commands. so same issue here with the apt-get command. Any ideas what I need to do here?

If you're talking about the unRaid console, then unRaid doesn't include apt-get, and is based on slackware which doesn't use apt as a package manager.  Think of the base OS as something more akin to an appliance than to a full *nix install