uNRAID(UNstable)

IGOBYD

I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to network and IT related stuff.  f=For the past 4 years I was running a different NAS software, but I finally decided to give UnRAID a try. There are many options that I like about UnRAID that I did not get from the other software I was running. 

Well here is where the problem starts, I am running a storage server as of right now that has 6 disk for data and 1 SSD for cache. There is no parity drives as the data is backed up to a different server. I have been experiencing crashes constantly and I have troubleshooted this thing to no ends. I have used a brand new out of the box HDD, new memory, set the BIOS back to default and everything. I can not figure why it is doing what it's doing. 

To further explain the symptoms:

It can run just normally, no notifications what so ever. I have did the whole "Fix Common Problem" plugin and nothing comes back. But suddenly all the shares are dropped, I can't connect to the webgui, and can't even ssh into it. I let it sit there for 30min to see if it comes back up on its own and nothing. Even when I press keys on the keyboard (actually physical machine) nothing happens. This happens about 4 to 8 times a day. All the hardware is fairly knew and I have no problems with the previous OS. I really like UnRAID and would like to give it a chance, but at this rate it seems like going back to the other OS is less worries..

OK, setup the Syslog Server on the Settings page (under Network Services section).  In your case, I would be using the 'Mirror syslog to flash:' option as you seem to have constant crashes so I would assume that it will happen within a few hours for the next occurrence.  It might be useful to attached a Diagnostics file (after the system has run for a hour or two but before the crash) with this syslog file.     Tools   >>>  Diagnostics    Be sure to post everything up in a new post!