Optimum Data Migration Setup?

binar

Fellow Forum Members,

What is the best way to link an old RAID6 Windows 7 PC to a new UNRAID PC with the goal of getting the fastest data migration throughput possible? Listed below are some of the things I am wondering about:

• Both motherboards have two Ethernet ports.  Am I correct to think data transfer throughput will be faster if I directly link both PCs with  two CAT6 cables instead of one CAT6 cable?
  • Is Teracopy the best software I can buy to install on my Windows7 PC so this data migration over to the UNRAID PC can be done in multiple sessions?
  • Will my UNRAID share drives appear on my old Windows7 RAID6 PC if I link both PCs using two CAT6 cables with no router in between the two? Or does UNRAID require I install a router in the middle of the two CAT6 cable connections?
  • Is relying on a single USB 3 connection between both PCs a better solution?

I will appreciate any advice that will help me understand what is the optimum way I can directly link both computers together for the purpose of migrating many terabytes of data between the two.  Thank you in advance.