5 days into my trial whole server erased, cache and newly cleared drive showing up as unformatted

So I decided to build a server and heard good things about Unraid, over the past week I have been clearing and adding drives to my array setting up plugins, dockers, and just learning the OS. Last night I lost everything.  I'm not sure if my USB is corrupted or my cache but I checked to see if it was the USB in windows and it was fine.  My cache will mount but is showing as a new disk, and it is showing it is still partially filled.  

Here is the series of events that lead to my problem.  

• I was clearing a 6tb blank drive to add to the array when my network went down, pihole on my rpi0 took a crap. 
  • I was also finishing up a folder transfer to Unraid,  from another computer, I just stopped this transfer.
  • I decided to look into the pihole docker, after some fiddling around I got it up and running, all was good.   
  • I decided to look into Krusader to transfer files directly, so I got that all set up but never used.
  • The 6tb drive I was clearing finished so I added it to the array.
  • I then turned Unraid off and added my disk that I needed to transfer files from and booted it back up.
  • I started the array and mounted that with unassigned devices.
  • I then remembered I had another drive that I needed to transfer files from so I turned off the array again and added that drive.
  • When I turned unraid back on it the webUI would not load up.
  • I turned Unraid off, connected a HDMI to my TV and booted back up
  • I checked the bios settings on my MoBo and it was no longer set to boot from the flash drive so I fixed that.
  • I booted to the GUI, my shares were gone, my cache drive and drive I just added to the array were not formatted, my internet settings were messed up, and my server forgot its name and reverted to "Tower" but my plug ins were still there.
  • I thought it was just because the cache drive wasn't mounted so I put both drives back where I had them before, and started the array. 
  • I then thought that this could be bad because I noticed that all my shares were missing and stopped the array.
  • I went to bed at 5am hoping I was going to wake up and it was just a nightmare.
  • It is a nightmare but in real life.

What happened and how can I get my previous set up back?

You talk about "turning Unraid off" several times. What exactly do you mean by that? You must always shutdown from the webUI.

Probably you have just broken user shares with a corrupt cache or something but most of the data is OK.

Start the array again and go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

I turned it off via the webUI.   When I turned the array back on it started rebuilding. I can now see my shares but in the "Main" tab disk 2 says,

Unmountable: No file system.

and has a SMART error on the dashboard.  Also in "Fix Common Problems" plugin every docker has the following error:

A corrupted xml file will wind up having unRaid display numerous php errors in various tabs on the UI. You will need to delete or edit and fix the file manually

And the following Warning:

The template URL the author specified is (github url for each docker). The template can be updated automatically with the correct URL.

When I click "apply fix" a screen pops up,

ERROR: Missing template.

Here is the diagnostic zip.

tower-diagnostics-20200110-0159.zip

Edited by knowpistons
Updated Diagnostic file

As Squid alluded to flash drive is probably at the root of some of your problems.

What kind of flash drive are you using? Is it plugged in to a USB2 port (recommended)?

Your diagnostics says parity is invalid. Have you ever completed the initial parity sync?

Looks like the SMART warning on disk2 is just CRC errors. So the disk is probably OK but has had connection issues. You can click on the warning to acknowledge it and it will warn again if it increases.

Possibly the connection issue is the reason for the unmountable filesystem though.

Shutdown, check all connections for all disks, power and SATA, both ends, including power splitters.

When you reboot make sure you are using a USB2 port, and instead of booting into Unraid, do memtest just to get that out of the way.

Do you have a backup of flash?

46 minutes ago, Squid said:

The flash drive is also corrupted.

Might as well put flash in your PC while you are checking those connections, and let your PC do checkdisk on it. While there, make a backup of it on your PC.

46 minutes ago, Squid said:

And you will also need to run the file system check on disk 2.

Answer the questions, check connections, checkdisk on flash and make backup, and do memtest. Then post another diagnostic and wait for a reply before proceeding with filesystem check.

Yes, I have completed a Parity Sync. Flash Drive is a 32gb Samsung Fit Plus it is plugged into a USB3.0 port. I do not have a backup as I was still in the process of setting everything up.  One of the first things I did was put the flash drive in my windows computer and ran a check disk but I can do that again and back it up.

How do I do a memory test? I don't remeber seeing that in the Gigabyte BIOS.

I still have 2.5 hours remaining on my "Parity-Sync/Data-Rebuild" so I will do that all.  

The flash drive was fine, I ran the check disk twice.  I also backed it up to my PC.  I checked all the connections on the offending drive and it is still showing as unmountable.  I checked a share that I just had saved to a single drive and I can access that but it appears I can not access anything that was partially saved to the unmountable drive.  

I have also attached another diagnostic log as well as my memtest log.  

tower-diagnostics-20200112-2201.zip MemTest86.log

I would really like to thank everyone for all your help, I managed to get Disk 2 remounted, and should be able to recover all of my files.  I have attached the Check file system log as well as a new diagnostic. 

Memtest was running for over 4 hours and found 999 errors.  I didn't have any issues with this memory in this computers previous build how do I know which stick(s) is/are faulty?

I now have a UPS, the flash drive is connected to USB 2.0.  Would you recommend after all these problems that I just completely start over? 

xfs repair status tower-diagnostics-20200113-1721.zip

2 minutes ago, knowpistons said:

Memtest was running for over 4 hours and found 999 errors.  I didn't have any issues with this memory in this computers previous build how do I know which stick(s) is/are faulty?

xfs repair status 48.99 kB · 0 downloads tower-diagnostics-20200113-1721.zip 87.16 kB · 0 downloads

Try reseating them first. Usually if you buy memory you buy a pair. I'd recommend getting a new pair in this case.

Otherwise, test them one at a time if you can live with half capacity.

I would not recommend buying "similar" memory and dropping it in, as that has been known to cause weird issues.