How to sleep the Portable storage device apart from array

Jarao

22 minutes ago, Jarao said:

Yeah, I mounted it with Unassigned Devices plugin

There isn't a control in UD to spin down devices on demand. Doing it through USB is also a hit-and-miss.

However, most external HDD controllers will spin down on its own after a while without any user intervention. If yours isn't spinning down, it's likely that something is still accessing the drive.

7 hours ago, testdasi said:

There isn't a control in UD to spin down devices on demand. Doing it through USB is also a hit-and-miss.

However, most external HDD controllers will spin down on its own after a while without any user intervention. If yours isn't spinning down, it's likely that something is still accessing the drive.

But I used Synology's usb device sleep function before using unRaid and it is supported under the same conditions (installed a docker of jellyfin and set its media path with my usb device) even without use the hdparm command. I don't know which process accessing the drive when I'm not using the jellyfin docker.