Having trouble creating public bridge in network settings

RS7588

First off let me state that I am brand new to unRAID and I have very basic, if any, knowledge of this kind of stuff. 

When I first went on the adventure of setting up my unRAID server several days ago I remember seeing "br0" somewhere. I don't even know if this is an important detail, but I don't see "br0" anywhere in the network settings now. Didn't know what it was and didn't care since everything I was attempting to do worked just fine and still is...for the most part. I run several dockers with no issues, but today I set out to install a Windows 10 VM that I was hoping to be able to access from my network (assigned a private IP by my gateway) and also use as a host for a Wreckfest game server accessible over the internet for my friends. Nope... 

I've poked around the forums and wiki a BUNCH and have read that I need to create a public bridge in Network settings, but I haven't found any details on exactly how to do this. Help?

Thanks in advance for any effort here to help a noob.

netsettings.PNG

ifconfig.PNG

Edited by RS7588

I'm assuming you must have made some significant changes to your network settings for this to occur.  The br0 bridge is enabled by default and will only disappear if network settings are modified / misconfigured.  My suggestion would be to wipe all your network settings (the network.cfg and network-rules.cfg files from the config folder on the flash drive) and boot up with a fresh default network configuration.  You should definitely get a br0 then.

41 minutes ago, jonp said:

I'm assuming you must have made some significant changes to your network settings for this to occur.  The br0 bridge is enabled by default and will only disappear if network settings are modified / misconfigured.  My suggestion would be to wipe all your network settings (the network.cfg and network-rules.cfg files from the config folder on the flash drive) and boot up with a fresh default network configuration.  You should definitely get a br0 then.

That's what I was thinking. There had to be something I fiddled with in all my excitement when I was first setting up my server. I had also, at the same time, made some changes to my home network. I use Ubiquiti gear and pretty much did a reset on all my hardware to get it paired with the new controller I installed on my unRAID server. 

Anyway . . . What will happen with my currently installed Dockers after nuking the network settings. I'm guessing that would be accomplished by deleting the files you mentioned above?

-Thanks!

Edited by RS7588
43 minutes ago, jonp said:

Unless you configured something special for your Docker containers as far as their individual network settings goes, everything should continue to work just fine.

That did the trick! My long lost br0 came back and now I am able to assign VMs IPs on my main network! Thanks dude!!!!

Edited by RS7588