[Solved] mineos-node: How to setup proper permissions to allow access from SMB?

PzrrL

I have the mineos-node docker installed. And I am using Unassigned Devices for the Server data folders.

/mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/ -> /var/games/minecraft

/mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/_data/ -> /var/games/minecraft/_data

I made SMB share for /mnt/disks/Servers/ in Unassigned Devices. And I allowed myself (user_A) to have R/W in Settings->Unassigned Devices->SMB.

So, now I can R/W using user_A in /mnt/disks/Servers/.

The problem now is that I can only read files under /mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/ in Windows SMB, but cannot write anythings under /mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/.

I have to do them all in the modifications through Unraid Console (using root), not even Krusader.

/mnt/disks/Servers/ : users:nobody, 0777

/mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/ : root:root, 0755 (this directory is created by mineos-node, as well as "_data" folder)

So basically now all things including /Minecraft/ has permission of root:root, 0755

Only this way I can start up the Minecraft Server properly, if I change to something else, the server profile disappear or I can't start up the server.

How to I setup the permissions properly in order to allow myself (using user_A account created in Unraid) to R/W in /mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft/ in Windows SMB? Thanks!

Edited by PzrrL
Solved
10 hours ago, Squid said:

chmod 0777 -R /mnt/disks/Servers/Minecraft should work.  No real reason to change the ownership.

Thanks Squid! This is working great! But any newly created files after I apply this command is still having 0775, how can I fix this? Or I have to do the command from time to time for the new files?