SMART failed, "Disk not installed"

Soo when i checked my Unraid i got a red warning saying disk8 had failed with SMART reading.

After restarting unraid it is shown as Not installed and the drive is emulated (the disc is now under unassigned devices.

After some googling it seems that the concesus is that its not a bad drive but a bad connection.

I have swapped out the S-ATA cable and used another s-ata port on mobo known to work earlier.

Restarted unraid again but it still says disk not installed etc... Do i need to do something special for this to work?

I have a lot of free space so if the disk is broken, can i move the emulated content over to the other disc and just remove that one and rebuild parity?

Kinda lost at best approach etc xD

Capture.JPG

fuzzyserver-diagnostics-20200313-1305.zip

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Disk is failing to initialize, good idea to also swap/replace the power cable, if problem persists it's likely a failing disk.

Hmm i'll try to swap out the powercable but its a linked chain that supplies a bunch of disks and thats the only disk that has failed. Its a Seagate Archive disk so i might remove it anyways.

But is there an easy way to "empty" the content on the emulated version over the rest of the discs and then remove it from the array?

On 3/13/2020 at 7:53 PM, johnnie.black said:

You'll need to copy any data from the emulated disk to other disk(s), then do a new config and re-sync parity.

Hmm i transfered the content to another disk.

Went into new config and selected preserve current assignment for everything except data.

When i select discs i can select no drive on everything except disk8 which is either unassigned or the broken one.

I have to admit i have no clue what im doing xD

EDIT

i forgot to check the box xD

Edited by svennand