UnRaid Array Unmountable Error

noax

Hi everyone,

I have proceed to some docker stuff update, there was an issue updating binhex-sabnzbd saying Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/binhex-sabnzbd" is already in use by container "ca688ea862f9d137b21678bff0336591c83fcd36aa9c95a903d211e3cf15c8a6". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

So, I suspect that it might be because of conflict with other update so I restart the UnRaid server and now my Disk 1 of my array is not working anymore. I got the unmountable disk error.

Here what I have tried so far:

I went in Maintenance Mode, ran xfs_repair (without the -n), tried restarting nothing changed.

I went back to maintenance mode and ran xfs_repair -vL /dev/md2 via terminal. Then it the Disk 1 appear but with this message: DEVICE IS MISSING (DISABLED), CONTENT EMULATED.

I ran the Diagnostics Tools (attached). I notice that in the smart logs there is an error for Disk 1: Read SCT Status failed: scsi error badly formed scsi parameters.

Now I am not sure what to do anymore, and I would love to not lose my data on it, (I know that I have a parity drive so recovery shouldn't be a problem). But I wanted to explore every option and to understand what happened exactly.

tower-diagnostics-20200313-0938.zip

8 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

First thing there's a problem identifying this disk:

Mar 13 09:17:45 Tower emhttpd: ST2000DM006_Z505EWTZ (sdc) 512 8089950

Even the SMART report is incomplete, check/replace both cables and post new diags

Okay, I have replaced the SATA cable and now it's the party disk that is gone...

Okay, I have played with cable, (the power SATA cable and SATA), nothing fix the Disk 2, still shown as Not installed...

EDIT: I am an idiot, I have stopped the array and select the drive, it looks like the cable was faulty... Thank you for your help @johnnie.black

Edited by noax