[Unraid 6.8.3] Django Docker container

Hello to all, I am new to Unraid and so far I am enjoying it much.

I have managed to set-up most of the Docker containers that I need to use except from one...

I want to set up a django development/live environment. Unfortunately, I am very new to Docker and I do not seem to grasp all of the aspects of it.

Since I already have a PostgreSQL container running (for nextcloud), I would like to use this for the django project. I would like to be able to set-up django, gunicorn and nginx in one container and map the code directory to one of my shares.

As a note, I have already installed docker-compose via the nerdpack.

I've also seen that paperless (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/87196-support-paperless-docker/) is built in django but I cannot understand how the app is set.

Can anybody point me to the correct direction?

Many thanks in advance and...keep healthy!

• 2 years later...

Did you ever work this out? 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:26 AM, subtilis said:

Hello to all, I am new to Unraid and so far I am enjoying it much.

I have managed to set-up most of the Docker containers that I need to use except from one...

I want to set up a django development/live environment. Unfortunately, I am very new to Docker and I do not seem to grasp all of the aspects of it.

Since I already have a PostgreSQL container running (for nextcloud), I would like to use this for the django project. I would like to be able to set-up django, gunicorn and nginx in one container and map the code directory to one of my shares.

As a note, I have already installed docker-compose via the nerdpack.

I've also seen that paperless (https://forums.unraid.net/topic/87196-support-paperless-docker/) is built in django but I cannot understand how the app is set.

Can anybody point me to the correct direction?

Many thanks in advance and...keep healthy!