Messed up wanting to clean the cache drive

Hello all!..

First of all, the cause of this issue is between chair and screen, now hopefully you guys are still able to help me work things out.

I've just started using my Unraid 6.8.3 server since beginning of this year and gathered some personal stuff, luckily the pictures or located somewhere else.

I manually deleted the data on my cache drivers from the '/mnt/cache' folder as I tought that would be a good choice since the mover didn't free up much.

Looking back, that wasn't a good choice at all, I'm well aware and can't think why I considered that a good choice when overthinking it.

With doing that I seem to have broken Unraid, this is because since doing that I've lost all my shares, so there was most likely a config placed there too.

So, I want to rebuild my shares, can I just re-create them? And recover as much data as possible, if possible at all, that wasn't on the cache drives.

How would I start doing so?

I have a 2Tb drive that I can add as unassigned drive to make that a temporary storage place, as I have less 2Tb used.

That I could just cp all the data from disk1 and disk2 too and then just re install Unraid for a clean start?

Edited by WackOo