Did I really just erase my vdisk?

Hi all,

I upgraded my Unraid to 6.8.2, and all of a sudden my Windows 10 VM would not boot because of the following error:

Internal Error: Did not find USB device 

So I then tried to edit the VM and determine what USB it was referring to. My next issue would be that after I made some changes and tried to save, I'd get the error:

internal error: unknown pci source type 'vendor'

So I was never able to save any changes. After some Googling and searching these forums, I tried creating a new VM with a "manual" vdisk. I'd save that and not start the VM, then I tried editing that duplicate and pointing it to the existing vDisk. From the three different posts I read, this was supposed to fix the issue, but I'm still stuck at square one.

When I actually tried to find the Vdisk in my domains folder, it says my domains folder is 54Gb (which I believe is about the size my VM was taking), but I can't see the actual vdisk1.img file. See attached image.

If I can find this file (and back it up), I might be able to fix this issue.

I'm not sure what next step I can do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much,

Jon

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-04 at 8.10.36 PM.jpeg

10 minutes ago, jmar31 said:

Is there any chance that the Parity backups of my Unraid server would have backed up my vdisk somehow? I am grasping at straws here.

Parity is not a "backup"  It is updated in real-time to reflect changes that you make on the array.  So in that respect, no you cannot recover any deleted files by rebuilding a disk