Safe to use old parity drive

fishface

I have a very low-end UNRAID system, all disks are plugged into the 6 sata ports on the motherboard, nothing fancy, but it seems to fly along, I don't use docker and whatnot, just straight-up storage.

I recently (parity is still rebuilding as I type) decided to upgrade the parity disk from 2 TB to 4TB, and I seem to be getting a very good speed on the rebuild, the lowest I've seen was 90 MB/sec, but most of the time it's been at 150MB/sec, it's been running 7hrs 41mins and says it has around 2hrs 30mins remaining.

I'm going to add the old parity drive to the array for storage, do I need to do anything to it or can I just add it? What I mean is, will UNRAID give a crap if it was formerly a parity disk.

ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 2000 AMD AM3+ Motherboard M5A78L-M/USB3

2 of Kingston Technology ValueRAM 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM SR x16 Desktop Memory KVR13N9S6/2

PSU - Rosewill Stallion Series RD400-2-SB 400W ATX V2.2

Intel PRO/1000MT NIC Server Adapter

AMD Athlon II X3 405E 2.3GHz (AD405EHDK32GM) Triple-Core CPU Socket AM3 667MHz

unRAID 6.2.4 on SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 USB3 SDCZ43-016G-G46

1 x 2TB RE4 WDC WD2003FYY  paritity - now being replaced with a HGST 4TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6Gb/

4 x 2TB RE4 WDC WD2003FYYS data

Edited by fishface
added