Can't remove files in my Media share

Humi

After I reinstalled my windows my Media share won't allow me to remove files anymore. 

I did clear the credential manager, tried Docker Safe New Perms, updated the server, new users etc. nothing works :/

What can be the problem? 

When I try to remove a file it says that "nobody" needs to give access for me to remove/move anything. 

For some reason it started working now. But my question still stands, why did it act like this?

thebasement-syslog-20200417-0415.zip

20 minutes ago, Humi said:

Just found a solution, if I run "chmod -R 0777 /mnt/user/Media" it fixes the problem. 

And when I think about it, that's what I did last time also. 

But why do I need to run that?

I think you would have to do a ‘ls -l‘ command to get the permissions before running that command so we can see how they are wrong.    That might give a clue as to how they get into that state in the first place.

2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I think you would have to do a ‘ls lol command to get the permissions before running that command so we can see how they are wrong.    That might give a clue as to how they get into that state in the first place.

What command do you want me to run? 

2 hours ago, Humi said:

Docker Safe New Permissions does not fix the problem. When the arrey is on I get the following:

The following shares will NOT be touched: Additional shares can be excluded HERE

appdata
Media
isos

Because you've excluded those folders from within Fix Common Problems for the extended tests

27 minutes ago, Humi said:

Just found a solution, if I run "chmod -R 0777 /mnt/user/Media" it fixes the problem. 

Is it a fair assumption that what you're trying to move / manipulate are downloads that were saved into the Media share via Sonarr / Radarr / Sabnzbd and the like?

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Because you've excluded those folders from within Fix Common Problems for the extended tests

Is it a fair assumption that what you're trying to move / manipulate are downloads that were saved into the Media share via Sonarr / Radarr / Sabnzbd and the like?

I havent excluded anything my self. How do I include them?

The files have been downloaded via ruTorrent, LAN transfer, FTP and some other P2P clients. 

But I've had everything the same from the start, and now out of nowhere I got these problems :(

Within it's UI (presumably) there's going to be an option somewhere to set the permissions on the files it writes.  Set it to 0777

Transferring files via the network shouldn't have any issue (unless you're using something like robocopy which does trash permissions on the files it writes)

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Within it's UI (presumably) there's going to be an option somewhere to set the permissions on the files it writes.  Set it to 0777

Transferring files via the network shouldn't have any issue (unless you're using something like robocopy which does trash permissions on the files it writes)

Alright, gonna try that. 

Why is this happening now? What can cause this? I've been using ruTorrent for the past 6 month atlest without problems like this