Rollback from 6.8.3 to 6.6.6 via terminal

i checked other postings about this but they had been deleted.

i finally upgraded this evening to 6.8.3 from 6.6.6 and my intel NIC is not detected , so i am unable to get a GUI via HTTP , or log in via ssh ,  or localhost GUI.

i can use root to log in via terminal in GUI mode.

i need to know how to rollback to 6.6.6 via terminal , if someone could help me with that , or post something i have overlooked that would be appreciated.

ive used terminal in linux and osx for a few things in the past so i have a loose grasp on various aspects of it .

i just dont know what to do , or where to look within the system.

this is my hardware: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/WBzYcf

on a side not if anyone also knows how this sorta thing could happen or if there is some kinda issue now with

intel NICs in latest version of unraid , please let me know .

thank you

The ‘Previous’ folder on the flash drive will hold the files associated with the last release.    Copying these files back to the root of the flash drive and rebooting will restore that release.

Before you do this you might want to get the system diagnostics zip file for the 6.8.3 release by running the ‘diagnostics’ command which will put the resulting file into The ‘logs’’ folder on the flash drive, and then post that file here.   I do not believe there is any known issue with Intel NICs in the 6.8.3 release, so it is quite possible that something else is going on rather than your NIC simply not being detected and the contents of the diagnostics zip file might allow us to determine what that might be.

• Thanks 1
On 4/25/2020 at 4:05 PM, almostworking said:

i appreciate the help @itimpi  ,  tyvm . 

ive been busy past 48 hrs , i shall post the diagnostics info later today, i will have to use my windows box to move the restore files on the USB and to be able to post the diagnostics info here tonight or tomorrow. ( no internet on unraid box , NIC isnt working).

for some reason the diagnosics information was empty, nearly every file , all of the files together contained approx 40kb of data, so i wont be able to post the diagnostic information . the system is back up and running correctly now.