Unraid 6.8.3 Shrink Array Query

Hi all,

I've got a question about shrinking my array, I bought a HP Proliant DL380 Gen 7 that came with 8 146gb SAS drives, however when I set unraid up I didn't assign one of them to be a cache drive. I now want a cache drive however, and am following the shrink array article on the wiki. Currentlly have the clearing script running and in 14 hours it's done 11 gb (according to the scripts outout) and the speed has dropped down to 212kb/s which, if accurate, would mean it'll take 199 hours to clear the drive.

My question is this, as my server is still in it's infancy, I've not got tons of data on it, I've copied some photo's I'd started transferring over and some DVD rips I'd done for streaming through Plex, is it possible for me to stop the script (appreciate this could corrupt array(?)) and format/rebuild the array again ? I feel this would be quicker and I've litterally nothing to lose by doing so.

Thanks in advance,

Myles