Appdata Path Questions

Just a few questions on how to better optimize the system.

1) Currently all dockers go through the /mnt/user/appdata path... is it better to go through /mnt/cache/appdata?  Pro's/Con's?

2) If so, can I just go through all my dockers and switch the path to use the cache drive?  If there anything nefarious that can go wrong?

3) I heard that for a docker like plex the database gets corrupted quite frequently when going through the user path.  This is because the file is fragmented across multiple drives on the array. Changing to use the cache is suppose to make things more snappy and prevent the likely hood of this corruption.  Is this true?  What happens if your cache is made up of 2 ssd drives will this run into the same issue with plex database corruption?

Thanks as always for any advice.

Edited by Mogo

The advantage of /mnt/user/... paths over /mnt/cache/... paths is that they work with all configurations, even if you have no cache drive installed, which is why it's the default. The advantage of /mnt/cache/... is that it accesses the file system on the cache drive or pool directly, while /mnt/user/... redirects file accesses via the fuse filesystem driver that makes individual file systems (/mnt/disk1/share_name, /mnt/disk2/share_name, etc. and /mnt/cache/share_name) behave like a single unified file system /mnt/user/share_name. I have always used the default /mnt/user/... paths and have not had any problems. Others have had issues which were fixed by changing to /mnt/cache/... . YMMV. It's easy enough to make the change, and to change it back again.