10GB transfer rate tops out at 6GB, any thoughts?

Hi guys

Just starting this journey with Unraid and would like some help and advice is possible. I have a Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F with 32GB non-ecc DDR4 and 4 8TBs currently in the array (one parity drive included). 1TB NVME SSD cache drive. The mobo has 2 10GBaseT ports on it. I have connected it to a Brocade 10GB switch with an SFP+ to RJ45 adapter. My Windows machine has a Mellanox ConnectX 3 card and is connected to the switch via SFP+.

Good news is that both the Windows and Unraid server have full 10GB connection between them and files seem to transfer with ease. 

When I transfer files between the two SSDs (Windows and Unraid) my transfer speeds top out at 690 megabytes per second. Id like to know what I need to do to get 1 gigabyte transfer speeds as shown in this video at 45 mins in. He mentions that the unraid server and my windows computer needs to be setup with 9000 MTU. It was pretty straight forward with Unraid to do this while the array was offline, but I am not able to do this properly on windows. 

When I go the properties for the connext3 card, I can change the Jumbo Frames to 9000 however, when I do that, I cannot access Unraid on the server anymore. When I switch back to 1500 MTU, I can access everything again. 

is there anything else I need to be doing or is my connectx 3 card not able to handle 9000 MTU?

If anyone knows how to fix this, please share your experiences. Thank you.

I followed this guide on youtube to set things up