Disabled disk issues

Had a disk go disabled on me.  It's the only WDC disk I have at this point, so maybe a problem with the disk.  I've done the following:

Moved all of the content to other disks.  Didn't seem to be any issue with this.

Reformatted as RFS and then back to XFS.  This disk was formatted to XFS a couple of months ago when I did an XFS conversion to my array.  Was fine after that.

Moved the disk to a different spot on the same PCB in the Norco 4220.  Problem followed the disk.

I've also run the xfs_repair commands multiple times.

SMART short and extended both come back ok.

I'm currently running a parity check.  Although, I'm not.  It only gave me the option to do a Read Check.  What's the difference?

I'm on 6.8.3.  Have been for something like a month, I think.

I can spare the drive space, so I don't mind if I need to remove the disk altogether.  However, I would like to determine if the Norco parts are going bad, at least to the extent I'm able to.  

unraid-diagnostics-20200509-0926.zip

2 hours ago, Bitbass said:

Had a disk go disabled on me.

Nothing you have done is the correct way to get the disk enabled. In fact, it was all a waste of time and effort and possibly even dangerous since your array was unprotected while you did all that, and it also had potential for further user errors.

Disk looks OK. Syslog doesn't have anything from before reboot, so nothing to indicate what caused the problem, possibly a bad connection.

Stop the read check, it is also a waste of time.

To rebuild to the same disk

1. Stop array
  2. Unassign the disabled disk
  3. Start array with the disabled disk unassigned
  4. Stop array
  5. Reassign the disabled disk
  6. Start array to begin rebuilding the disabled disk.

If you had asked before doing anything this is what we would have told you to begin with.

And even though you formatted the disk, it still has to be rebuilt. All that stuff you think you did with the disk, including the format, was really just to the emulated disk, not the physical disk. The physical disk hasn't been accessed by Unraid since the moment it was disabled.