Docker continuous rebuilding

Hi everyone, I am experiencing a weird issue after removing the docker files of the wrong container.

So i was running a docker "Jackett" and everything is fine until i went into my unraid shares and removed /appdata/jackett instead of something else i was removing.

Now my docker page keeps refreshing and trying to rebuild the image. i cant stop or remove the docker. i will attach a small clip to show you what i mean.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had this problem.  It materialised when I renamed a container (VPN) to a different name.  All the containers that had extra parameters using the net parameter to utilise the VPN container went into a recursive rebuild process.  Hope this helps someone else having these problems.  I rename the offending container back and all reverted to be good.  Diagnosed in the system logs for the UNRAID server.

Edited by tinyaim
Tidy up wording.
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same thing. I renamed "binhex-privoxyvpn" to VPN, but it was being used by "binhex-nzbget".

I edited nzbget and changed the Extra Parameters from --net=container:binhex-privoxyvpn to --net=container:VPN.

It then stopped rebuilding.

I ended up moving away from the method above for VPN. Check this one out instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/wiki/guides/vpndockernetwork

Edited by Adam S