Moving Server - Can I copy the docker?

So - I'm moving servers, but it is really just somewhat of a duplication since I am taking my current DL380 G7 from that stupid P410i controller to another DL380 G7 with a H220.

The plan is to leave the old server running for now, get the new server up and running with Unraid - then transfer stuff over with the file system.  There isn't a whole lot on the old server since I just put it together last week.  But it has about 10 dockers already running and I would like the preserve them if possible.  Once I move everything over - then I will take the drives from the old system and put them in the new server.  

Any thoughts on:

• Is this a stupid way to do it?
  • If it isn't stupid:
    • How easy will it be to port over the docker containers?

that's all I have - not much else on the system except the dockers and some custom directories for those dockers (which I would create prior to porting things over)

Thanks!

PS - I have a paid version (Server OS Basic Key)

I thought about that, but the problem is that then I would have to keep the disks as they are - and the whole reason for moving is that I don't want the P410i managing the disks.  When I move the disks they will be managed by Unraid - so instead of seeing 2 drives (with P410i), they will look like the 4 drives they are.  As a result, I don't think it would load properly.

There are 4 HDD, the P410i manages them to look like 2 HDD.  

Edited by Convington
3 hours ago, Convington said:

instead of seeing 2 drives (with P410i), they will look like the 4 drives they are.

You didn't mention those details in OP.

If your dockers are setup with only mappings to user shares (or possibly cache or unassigned device), and the data is transferred to those same user shares on the new server, then the dockers should all just work when you get all the data transferred. Don't enable docker service until the transfer is complete. The templates containing all your docker settings are on flash, and you can reinstall them exactly as they were using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page. Then the applications should work just as before using their existing appdata.