Server suddenly not accesible via SSH or FTP

Hi all, something strange happened over the last day or two and all of a sudden I am not able to access my server via SSH or SFTP. I use both of these services pretty much daily to access my server and nothing should have changed since the last time I accessed my server via SSH. 

I am still able to log in to the WebUI using my root username and password, but SSH and SFTP no longer seems to work...

This is what the log shows when I try to log in.

May 11 15:27:30 Tower sshd[8209]: Failed password for root from 10.66.0.103 port 50420 ssh2
May 11 15:27:30 Tower sshd[8209]: Connection closed by authenticating user root 10.66.0.103 port 50420 [preauth]
May 11 15:27:39 Tower sshd[8647]: Failed password for root from 10.66.0.103 port 50424 ssh2

Any suggests for how to figure out what is going on or how to fix this?

At one point a couple of weeks ago I'd looked into setting up passwordless login using ssh rsa key from my primary computer, but it didn't seem worth the trouble given how unRAID boots so I didn't go through with it. I don't think I changed anything at that time, nor did I have any trouble until today, despite the fact that I've been accessing my server via ssh every day since then.