Complete computer Noob NEEDING guidance.

I have started to try to learn computers a little.  A friend of mine gave me a dell r510 server with a copy of unraid on it to try to learn some.  I keep having problems getting things done and feel bad for asking him all the time for help.  I was hoping that I could find some help here to get me pointed in the right direction.

I have formatted and started the array but all the drives except the parity drives say unmountable.  I don't know how to get them mounted.  I was trying to add a share and it would not let me.  In all my limited knowledge i think it is the unmountable drives is whats causing the problems with shares, but unsure.

For some reason I am unable to add 2 disk to my array.  

I have been thinking about doing a "clean" install of Unraid just to be able to start fresh and hopefully get rid of some problems.  

I am running version 6.8.3 - I upgraded it the other day. I have added the diagnostics zip file but I was not sure if that is what I was supposed to do.  If you have any questions or need anything please ask I will do my best to answer them.

I would really appreciate any help.  

Thanks in advance

Charlie 

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 9.56.51 PM.png

heatonhub-diagnostics-20200618-2132.zip

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Unraid. Don't stress, there are some extremely clever people on here, that'll know exactly what the problem is.

Just looking at a glance though, I notice you have A LOT of errors on those disks. I recently had a disk that had some bad sectors on it. As soon as I saw it, I bought a new drive to replace it. Whilst I was waiting for the new drive to arrive, more bad sectors started appearing. It got to a point where unraid literally unmounted the disk, as it clearly wasn't in great shape anymore. Perhaps this is the issue??? Did you get those drives with the system? 

Sorry I can't be more help to you, but again, someone on here will sort your issue for you I'm sure. 

All the best,

Mort