Network Card not supported? Can't connect to Network

conan_kun

Hi,

I have purchased a pretty new system, because I wanted to get the new generation of intel cpus for future proofing.

- i5 10500

- ASRock B460M Steel Legend (https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B460 Steel Legend/index.asp)

The ASRock has an included 2.5gbit lan controller with the designation Realtek RTL8125. According to the Unraid changlog, this chipset is supposed to be supported. 

However, trying to connect to lan fails. I have tried every imaginable combination in the network.cfg, from bridge on/off, bond on/off, DHCP on/off, various static ip addresses, various lan cables and ports. Nothing works. I also tried the latest stable version and the latest beta version, which also gets me different results

interesting points(?):

- DHCP on connects me even to a random 169. address, even though my network is set up to use 192. 

- Bridge off on the latest beta gets me "eth0 not found" - on stable the error doesn't occur

Because of these problems, I also have tried to set up Ubuntu 20.04, but Ubuntu also doesn't connect to the network, which kind of lets me think that the board just is too new (I got it off amazon.jp - sale started 2020/06/05 (y/m/d)).

Is there any plan on supporting this onboard card in the near future?

Or will I be better off for now purchasing a lan card until it gets supported?

If so, can you recommend any working 1gbit card? I wanted to upgrade my network to 2.5 Gbit in the near future, but if the 2.5gbit card on my board will be supported anytime soon, investing in a 2.5gbit card is not really worth it.

I'm really looking forward to being able to use Unraid!

Thanks.

Thats what I thought.

Yes, I did already try all ports on my router that work with other equipment. No luck.

The light on the ethernet input is on, though.

The card seems to work in UEFI - it can connect to the net and download updates. So it can't be a broken connection or network card.

I highly suspect the drivers aren't covering this chipset?