not all my Shares showing up in windows

so how you fix it?  so this tool it to scan for local network  for unraid?  and why doesnt it pick up my OpenVPN connection to that network of 192.168.1.x  thats where i have 2 unraids on there too.. as i dont know why it picked up a 192.168.56.1   i cant find this computer i been unplugging things

and the desktop-qt00   thats my desktop computer i ran the the program from.. your guess is good as mine why no mac address..

so if i only should have 1 master  what do i do to fix it?

if i do \\192.168.56.1   it connects but shows no files still cant find where that computer is

or \\tower  why its  giving me a smb share when the array is turned off ..

and i can add files to it too lol ugh

i think there is ghosts in this network

and is local master only a unraid/windows thing  as i  have never heard of local master smb over the 20 yrs i used windows i only learned about it now from what you mentioned

and to make 1 master.. do i do what you mentioend years ago  unplug everything have a cup of coffee then slowly plug things in?

Edited by comet424

I am at a loss as to where to go from here.  I do not use pfsense.  I do not use a VPN.  I have never seen another system with two Local Masters in the same Workgroup let alone THREE.  (You can try the total shutdown and restart.  It might help...)   You should be looking at what is on the other end of the VPN as I don't think that LanScanner is designed to look at that.  Be sure that you don't have another server/computer out there somewhere named 'tower'.

There have been a 190 views of this thread so far and no one else has elected to chime in with some thoughts.   You appear to be in a "Twilight  Zone" with a most unusual problem.

You might have to go back to a basic system with no VPN and pfsense using just a basic router/switch setup and rebuild in small steps.

ya strange

pfsense just a more powerful router then asus

ya i did a shut down for 10 min  minus the backup server..  the vpn i disabled  so it doesnt connect to the other Pfsense router..  so it wasnt there i think the 56.1  is a computer

heres the kicker  i unplugged  the 192.168.0.3  (tower)  and i can still do  \\tower  get the Desktop files  

but here is the kicker  i only have 4 unraid servers  and 3 of them are my my local network other is on a remote location behind the vpn

now i cant ping tower   as its unplugged

but i can still do  \\tower   in the file explorer  and write files and have no idea where its writting too..

update... i tried my windows 7 laptop

file explorer shows  Tower   but i cant access it...  even though its unplugged... Im guessing the Local master of my backupserver keeps that name  and thats why my laptop sees it even though the servers not there..

but my desktop computer the 192.168.0.47    sees tower  and i can save files.. its like  \\tower location is saving directly to my Desktop computer..

i gotta do another power down  switchs modem router computers  and let is be powered down 15 20 min..

i appreciate the help  guess i got gremlins in there  causing crap   

ill keep fiddiling if i ever find  a resolution ill post it..  

so i solved it...  i fiddled and fiddled etc..

i havent resolved Local Master

but Tower says Local Master is Tower

Backupserver says Local Master is Backupserver

Mitchflix says Local Master is backupserver

but i fixed the issue on the desktop \\tower  showing files that werent there..  and a Sync Pending

so after playing around.. what i ended up doing was  Stopping Array..  in Settings  Network..  

i set DHCP not static   and i set in my router   to put the IP address to the Mac Addy..  so it be the same..

so after setting to DHCP i saved and rebooted..   once back up  it worked   \\tower  was able to access files   tower/  started to work.

so i retried..   other way again.. I removed the Static setting for the MAC addy of Tower in my Router

I stopped sunraid array..   I went to settings/network   i re changed automatic to Static..

so it be 192.168.9.3  ip    and gateway and dns  192.168.0.1

i saved  rebooted  and array started

it still worked \\tower

also the \\tower single was gone.. the Sync Pending was gone.. its a built in Windows 10 File syncing  program..  so that solved it

i decided to shut everything down to make sure... and left it off for a while.. i booted back up

and \\tower  still works across the board   and so does  tower/   

i not sure what maybe went wrong in network settings  but if i had know that would been a simple thing to test right away and wouldnt happened to trouble shoot for days...  just a simple  turn on and off the Static/automatic  for an IP address

go figure..  maybe something went funny with the last update of unraid  when it was updating i do not know  as it only affected this one  out of my others..

but i appreciate the help.. and least its up and running again

sorry for being a bother and such.. and i appreciate all the help and testing..  still dont know why i got 3 Local masters  but its still there lol