BTRFS errors on shutdown

Need some help. I recently moved Plex from a Windows machine to my unRAID server. As part of that process, I installed unRAID Nvidia so that Plex could use my graphics card. Since then I've had issues with unRAID. First I wasn't able to reboot the server. It would hang on Sync filesystems... I finally hard reset it and it came back up, ran a parity check. I waited for the check to finish, took all day, but parity was good. Went to turn it off to move it back into my server closet and the shutdown went awry. Lots of BTRFS errors and now it's "Starting diagnostics collection." See the image. Can anyone help with this? I'm an unRAID novice, to put it mildly.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Matt

20200712_162809.jpg

So, it appears to be a problem with my cache drive which has been running fine. I had to do another hard reboot on it. After trying several USB ports for my boot drive to read as bootable (another problem), it finally cam eup but gave me the BTRFS errors again. IN the WebGUI< I can see that my cache drive reads as "Unmountable: No file system" All my appdata was on there. Is there any way to repair this?

So, I was able to follow some instructions to get the cache drive mounted (temporarily) and backup the data from it.

Am I good to go ahead and format the drive and put the data back? The SMART info on the drive is good. Doesn't appear to be failing. I think it just got corrupted during the previous failed shutdown and hard reboot.

Also, all my shares are missing. Would my cache drive failing affect that???

Attached the diagnostics collected during the shutdown.

Thanks!

tyreemedia-diagnostics-20200712-1624.zip

1 minute ago, Mattaton said:

Am I good to go ahead and format the drive and put the data back?

If everything is backed up yes.

2 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Also, all my shares are missing. Would my cache drive failing affect that???

File system corruption will cause that, they will comeback once it's fixed, might require a reboot.

• Like 1

I backed the data up to a drive in the array. I'm also backing up to Windows via WinSCP, just to have a second copy.

After the drive is formatted, is it just as simple as copying the files back and rebooting?

There were files in there that reside on the cache, but also files that the Mover should move to the array. Will all this kick back in automagically? 😄

I'll report back once the cache drive is rebuilt.

Thanks!

Matt