Is my Drive possibly dead?

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Looks more like a cable problem, check/replace/swap cables and if data looks correct in the emulated disk rebuild on top, if you don't replace the SATA cable monitor for more CRC_UDMA errors, if it keeps increasing there's still a problem.

Where exactly do you look to see that, that is the issue? For my learning advancement, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

And where would I check for the "CRC_UDMA" errors?

Also, not sure if here was the appropriate place to post or not?

CRC_UDMA errors are listed in the SMART data section for Disk 7 in the diagnostics file or you can view them in the SMART data for that disk thru the GUI.  CRC errors are typical from a bad cable.  As johnnie_black suggested swap out the cable and try putting the drive back online.

In that case, you could swap two SATA cables and see if the problem moves with the individual cable.  Also, make sure the drive end of the cable is securely 'locked' in place on the drive.  You should be able to 'feel' resistance as you pull it off.  No resistance, you could have this problem:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15954

After working inside the case, double check that every SATA connector (power and data) is securely pushed into its mating connector!

Also  be sure that you setup notification so that you are alerted to problems as they occur...

1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

In that case, you could swap two SATA cables and see if the problem moves with the individual cable.  Also, make sure the drive end of the cable is securely 'locked' in place on the drive.  You should be able to 'feel' resistance as you pull it off.  No resistance, you could have this problem:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15954

After working inside the case, double check that every SATA connector (power and data) is securely pushed into its mating connector!

Also  be sure that you setup notification so that you are alerted to problems as they occur...

Yes, I was already inside the case and double checked everything, I meant to try swapping the connector to another drive but totally forgot to.

As far as notifications go, what would be the simplest solution? I tried dabbling with that ages ago, but whatever I tried hasn't notified me of anything so it's not working as intended lol.

To be honest, I usually set it and forget it with everything on this server and only normally check on it once a week or so 😬

49 minutes ago, powderwt said:

As far as notifications go, what would be the simplest solution? I tried dabbling with that ages ago, but whatever I tried hasn't notified me of anything so it's not working as intended lol.

Go to the Notification Settings.  Turn on all of the E-mail notifications.  Set up the E-mail SMTP and check to make sure that you get the Test message.  You will not get a message until one of the conditions that you checked has an event.  (In other words, no message is good news!)