cache drive disappeared [resolved]

Hi guys,

i am relatively new with unraid and I am finding more than fine. the only problem I had is the following: after 70 days of continuous uptime, I decided to restart my server (I don't even know why :D ) and after the restart I realized that my nvme that I use as the cache drive is disappeared and it's not showed even if i try to mount it from scratch, as if it wasn't even attacked. Since all dockers are apparently cached (is this normal?) I am practically unable to use anything. I wanted to understand if it happened to someone else and what can I possibly do. I read in other posts, which are however pretty old, that in theory if I turn off the server, connect the usb to the PC and make a backup, format it, reinstall and reload the backup, I should find everything as before, but I prefer to ask confirmation to whom surely knows more than me.

or maybe there are other tips?
I also attach the logs file
thanks!

thevault-diagnostics-20200721-1807.zip

Edited by forbi

Must be a hardware problem if your cache isn't seen. Does the BIOS see it?

The default settings will have dockers on cache so they will perform better and so they won't keep array disks spinning. That is the best way.

You have CA Backup plugin installed so if you used it you should have a backup of your appdata and that plus the templates on flash would get your dockers going again.

Check your hardware and see if you can get cache recognized. Sometimes nvme can overheat and maybe it will come back after it cools off.

that's the strange part, before the restart everything works fine XD

yeah fortunately I had already installed CA backup after reading around that it could be useful, if you did not mention it I would never even remember ...
i have the directories  Backups\Appdata\[email protected] and Backups\flashdrive on my disks and those 2 should have the files i eventually needs for restore the dockers, right?

i think i have somewhere an external usb dock for the nvme, i will test it with it, because right now i can't unfortunally plug in a monitor for check if the bios sees it.

ps, check the image, for you the CA backup is setup correcly?image.thumb.png.d489537b61da8f8b5fe42aefa8f64144.png
many thanks again!