data recovery? array recovery (solved)

Hi guys, i changed a raid controller that was in JBOD to an HBA card, I then created a new configuration with all the drives in the right slots as read in here, i misclicked the Parity is valid checkbox and started the array without the checkmark in the checkbox.

after the switchit told me 4 of my drives where in an unsupported partition layout. When I scrolled the page I read the parity check was working, I immediatly stopped the array in panic.

I read that I needed to unnasign a single drive  start the array to emulate the drive, stop the array assign the drive and let the rebuild goes one disk at a time. so I tried it. I unnasigned a drive. started the array and check the box the parity is valid. the disk didnt emulated, I realised then that the partial parity rebuilt probably screwed the parity disk. so now i may have an invalid parity drive and 4 data drive that are unmountable.

so now I feel like I'm screwed,  do I have a way to save my data? should I put my old RAID card back in the server and try to rebuild parity first?

-4 drives were already hooked to the mother board, parity was one of it.

-4 were on the JBOD raid card,

1 pcie ssd for cache

i'm panicking,

i think I may need to do a new config  with the 4 good drives parity + 3 HDD

-new config 4 detected drives.

-start array

-let parity rebuild 

-install unmountable drives pluggin,

-mount drives,

-move data from a disk to array

-add the disk to the array, and format it, 

-let parity rebuild,

-repeat for 3 next drives.

is that a good plan? it will be a long plan. but i want my data back 

Edited by reftek

Maybe putting back the RAID card?  was the RAID card in IT mode or it created "individual" disk like if they were in a RAID state? Probably that the data disks aren't readable in another system? you can try one maybe.  If it doesn't see the XFS partition that unRAID created, it might be what I thought about the RAID card creating disks instead of passing them-thru the OS.  

• Thanks 1

I put the raid card back in, then new config, start the array, all my drives are mountable and it seems like my data is all there.

THANK YOU! 

now that i'm in a safe state, I just swapped an empty 1TB drive hooked to the motherboard and installed a 6TB drive instead, i'll move all the data from the drives that are on the adaptec raid card to that 6TB drive that is hooked on my motherboard,  when all those HDD from that raid cardwill be empty, i will install my Fujitsu D2607-A21  that is in IT mode again, i will then create a new configuration  and format those 4 drives to work in HBA mode.

that sounds like a good plan

Merci! Thanks