Files missing on share but partially present on discs after interrupted file move

Dear community,

i tried moving (cut & insert) ~600 mp4 files from my Win10 PC to my data share on Unraid. Unfortunately a power loss on the Win10 machine stopped the move after ~400files. Now the source folder on Win10 is completely gone (also nothing in the bin) and the 400files are present across the 4 data disks, but none are showing up in the data share.

The files have been moved to the cache drive, and as there was not enough space i also stupidly invoked the mover while moving the files fomr Win10 to Unraid - not sure if this contributed to the problem. Now i read that this was unnecesary as the cache settings on "Yes" would have told Unraid to create the files on the array when the cache was full - but that's water under the bridge now.

Any idea how to at least make the ~400 files also show up in the data share? And possibly a way to recover the ~200 missing files on Win10 (altough i understand this is not a Win10 support forum)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks & regards,

Ingo

Edited by nerdistan
3 minutes ago, nerdistan said:

to my data share on Unraid

5 minutes ago, nerdistan said:

make the ~400 files also show up in the data share

5 minutes ago, nerdistan said:

the 400files are present across the 4 data disks, but none are showing up in the data share.

How do you know they are present across the 4 data disks?

How do you have the security set on the user share?

ok - here are the new diagnostics. Disk 3 now shows "unmountable - no file system" under main.

I could not see obvious cabling or connection problems. Re-plugged all of them. power splitters also looked ok.

But after the restart ~200 of the mp4 files are now visible in the user share. Looks like these are all that had been moved to Disk 1,2 and 4 until the WIn10 machine power failure occured. Obviously missing now are those on disk 3.

tower-diagnostics-20200722-1724.zip

Edited by nerdistan
clarity, additional information

I did an xfs_repair -L - now the disk is mounted back, but some data is missing and i have now errors on DIsk 2.

Something is definately wrong with the HW. I will replace all SATA cables tomorrow and post a new diagnosis file when done. Thanks for the help so far!