Cannot get 10Gb speeds on 6.8.3

Hey everyone. I have been able to get true 10GBe read/write speeds directly to the cache drive to/from a Windows 10 client. However, if you are trying to write to the array shares (on cache), you may be running into "known" SHFS overhead. I dealt with this in a very unique way a few months back. I will try some of these additional SMB settings you guys mentioned (my config is also in the below thread) and report back.

If one of us figures this out, I would LOVE to know. My workaround works, but it is kind of a PITA. The golden bar for me is true 10Gbe writes to the cache using the native shares, and not the cache disk share itself.

I also have Ubiquity equipment, but am actually running a direct CAT7 NIC to NIC 10Gbe setup for this purpose. I built a new house and put in a second dedicated network drop from my main client to UNRAID. I also have a fully dedicated server room for my network equipment, servers, and Control 4 stuff. Also added a dedicated Carrier HVAC Ceiling unit so the room is a cool 68F at all times. This massive server is running about 20C across all my 30 drives, even during parity checks🥶😅.

Anyway, hopefully the below helps! I'll keep checking back for any news.

16 hours ago, Pourko said:

Right. 

Parity check finished. Reads are right at 1GB/s... so that's a little improvement over the 800MB/s I was seeing, but still not the 1.2GB/s of a fully saturated connection. However, I can live with that. :P

Writes on the other hand... still around 300MB/s. 

For those talking about the UDMP, I'm on the same VLAN now as the server, so traffic is not getting routed through the UDMP.