[SOLVED] kernel: BTRFS error: bdev /dev/sdi1 errs: wr 0, rd 62020, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

Aug 2 21:29:56 cybertron kernel: BTRFS error (device sdi1): bdev /dev/sdi1 errs: wr 0, rd 62020, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

Hey Unraid team - can you tell me what this is about? New samsung ssd 1tb drive.  Ran a btrfs scrub, no errors. Smart also not reporting any issues.

Edited by repomanz
3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Syslog rotated so can't see start of the problem, see here to reset errors and to monitor for more in the future.

output of this btrfs dev stats /mnt/cache

root@cybertron:~# btrfs dev stats /mnt/cache
[/dev/sdg1].write_io_errs    0
[/dev/sdg1].read_io_errs     0
[/dev/sdg1].flush_io_errs    0
[/dev/sdg1].corruption_errs  0
[/dev/sdg1].generation_errs  0

I can't find it again but when was reading could be a kernel bug for read ahead?

4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Current cache is sdg, you need to adjust the mount point, what was sdi being used for? It's not on current diags, suggesting that it might have dropped or been removed since.

ok - i'm guessing I did something wrong then.   I had an ssd (formerly sdg - sandisk) that crashed. 

1) shutdown system

2) removed bad ssd

3) added new ssd

4) brought up system

5) stopped array

6) changed cache to the new samsung ssd

Did I do something wrong here?

Edited by repomanz
2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Something is wrong but like mentioned can't see the beginning of the problem, reboot and post new diags if there are still errors.

guess i needed a step 7.  reboot.  Don't see the errors in my logs anymore.  attaching diags.

Edited by repomanz
7 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It shouldn't be needed if everything was done correctly, but as long as everything's good now...

my steps above are correct, right? 

Also what does this mean?  Total to scrub is bad or just a metric? Ran brtfs scrub previously; came back with no errors.

image.png.c2eae45d2ea48c3d8a0b06bc288f0888.png

Edited by repomanz
2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Look OK if it was a a replacement without copying data from the old device.

That's correct.  My previous SSD started reporting reported uncorrected errors, within 6 hours the drive was completely dead.    Do you have any tips on how to properly backup the VM lib and docker img files (basically containers and vm information)?  I'm already using the plugin that backs up appdata (which i restored from).

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] kernel: BTRFS error: bdev /dev/sdi1 errs: wr 0, rd 62020, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0