Full 12tb drive now "Unmountable: No filesystem"

Now i unmounted disk 3, the first movie drive, made movie share for disk 3 and 4. Stooped array, share didnt come up on disk 4, stopped array, restarted, still no share on disk 4.

Rebooted unraid, still no share, stopped array, unmounted disk 3, 11.3 tb full, couldnt start array grayed out button. re mounted disk 3, started array, NOW disk 3 error, under main disk array says " Unmountable : NO file system". Its a 12tb drive with 11.3tb FULL

Now my only option is to format it again according to unraid.

This is why i did everything in UD on v6.8.0, didnt have these problems.

WTF ??

this is the way unraid is acting.

Johhnie.black instructed me to NOT do anything with drives in UD, just put them in disk positions, set filesystem on each drive and let unraid do it all in v6.8.3.

I'm trying to copy thru network 1 drive at a time so i can try to put things where I want them and on what drive i want.

OK, I went looking for your other thread. Absolutely you should not remove array disks and try to access them in some other way. I also don't understand why you are trying to

5 minutes ago, x88dually said:

put things where I want them and on what drive i want

You can let Unraid worry about which disk files are on. That is what user shares is all about.

And if you really want to move things from one disk to another then it would be faster to work with the disks directly on the server instead of over the network, but I suspect that would require some further learning.

Since it seems you are working with disks, you also absolutely MUST avoid mixing user shares and disks when moving or copying files, or you can lose data. This is one of many reasons you should not even share the individual disk on the network.

Are you planning to use the user shares feature at all? If so, it would be better if you forget about the disks. User shares allow folders to span disks, allows caching, and other benefits.

You can restrict the disks used by specific user shares, and that is really the best way to get things on specific disks.

Dont know if i'm doing this right or wrong.

i'd like to add a disk to user share 1 by 1 as the previous gets filled up. I tell unraid to add share to next disk, and start coping to that user share. Thats what i was doing with movies for disk 3 and then  added disk 4 to movie share.

1 minute ago, x88dually said:

i'd like to add a disk to user share 1 by 1 as the previous gets filled up. I tell unraid to add share to next disk, and start coping to that user share. Thats what i was doing with movies for disk 3 and then  added disk 4 to movie share.

That sounds fine, and is similar to what I do.

So what exactly is the problem you are having that makes you think you need to move anything?

movie share didnt go onto disk 4 after a few array stops and starts, and 2 unraid reboots.

Then when i started coping to movie share everything started to onto disk 4 and the full disk 3 came back up normal again, with no error of unmountable disk: no filesystem.

I dont get it.

Now i have tv share on disk 5,6,7,8,9, but only disk 5 shows tv share. So i'm gonna take disk 6,7,8,9 out of tv share til i start coping to tv share on disk 5. When its full, i put disk 6 into tv share.

Do i stop array or reboot to make windows copy to tv share on disk 6 ?