Stuck with 169 IP address

I've been reading other threads about this same issue.  I tried three different thumb drive brands, sizes, etc.  I've verified that the LAN connection is good.  I notice that *none* of the thumb drives get mounted to the file system and are not found with df.  Perhaps this is new with 6.8.3?  

I get:  Modprobe FATAL: cannot find module in /lib/modules/4.19.107-unraid  Cannot find device bond 0.  I can run diagnostics, but there's no /dev/sda to mount.

169 IP just means you aren't getting DHCP.

4 minutes ago, freezing57 said:

I've been reading other threads about this same issue.  I tried three different thumb drive brands, sizes, etc.  I've verified that the LAN connection is good.  I notice that *none* of the thumb drives get mounted to the file system and are not found with df.  Perhaps this is new with 6.8.3?  

I get:  Modprobe FATAL: cannot find module in /lib/modules/4.19.107-unraid  Cannot find device bond 0.  I can run diagnostics, but there's no /dev/sda to mount.

/dev/sda isn't necessarily /boot.

Try another USB port preferably USB2.

• 2 weeks later...

I must have tried 35 different things until I ran across another thread in the forum.  I upgraded the UNRAID mobo to a Gigabyte GA-970A-DSP3 and from another thread, found that I needed the IOMMU Controller to be ENABLED in my mobo BIOS.  Problem solved.

Edited by freezing57