various issues after upgrade

Folks, i'm in a sweat here.  My UnRaid NAS was running fine, up till Monday night.  And by fine I mean, I could access drive mappings under Windows no problem. On Monday night I happened to take a look at my UnRaid GUI.  It showed some worrying info :-

• it showed that Disk9 had some issue. 
  • As well as that, I had red messages telling me that an array health report had failed. Attached.
  •  it said that various updates were available.

I updated some apps (plex, splunk, motioneye, community apps).

I believe I also updated UnRaid itself.  I'm now on 6.8.3

I think I was prompted to reboot, which I did.  But after 5 mins, I couldn't load the GUI.

My router could see the NAS drive, but using an odd IP address.  It wasn't using the normal 192.168.1.X but instead was using 169.254.222.X

I left the issue overnight, and tried again Tuesday.  This time I could enter the hostname in a browser, and the GUI would load.

But if I enter the odd IP address in a browser, it fails.

From a Windows PC I can telnet into the Tower, so I know its alive.

I can also ping the Tower from a Windows DOS box.

But none of my Windows drive mappings work.

When I look at the GUI, it shows all my drives greyed out, except flash. Attached.

But I can navigate each disk using the GUI.

Q1) why are all my drives greyed out, under the GUI ?  Presumably this is why my drive mappings don't work.

Q2) why is the NAS adopting an odd IP address ?

Q3) what is this failed health report about ?

Q4) any ideas whats wrong with Disk9 ?

Q5) if I attach my syslog, what info do I need to remove, to keep my details safe ? 

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Like everyone else, I dread losing data.

Richard

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

User shares are disable, go to Settings -> Global Share Setting as and enable them.

As for the disabled disk, it happened before this boot, so nothing in the logs, SMART looks mostly OK, run an extended SMART test and if successful rebuild on top, might be good to replace/swap cables before doing it to rule them out if it happens again to the same disk.

Johnnie, I don't use 'user shares'.

I have diagnosed that my Windows drive mappings aren't working because of this weird IP address thats getting allocated.

I have now configured UnRaid to use a manual IP allocated by me, and hey presto, my drives work again under Windows.

So my question now is.....why is UnRaid using 169.254.222.38 ?????