Best practise for copy old RFS disks to new Array?

Hello,

Just migrated from Unraid v5 to v6.

Newly formatted flash and new empty Data/Parity disks and re-used my old tower cabinet

So now I have a couple of disks from the old v5 with ReiserFS, where I want to copy the contents to the new array.

There are lots of empty slots in the cabinet and is it possible to plug in the old RFS disks into an empty slot and somehow copy the files to the new array?

Is there any helpful Plugin or do I have to use the Linux CLI to do a manual copy disk to disk?

Thanks, Peter

Edited by PeterNet

Mount the RFS drives using the   Unassigned Devices    plugin.  Then copy the contents of the disk(s) to the array. 

For the copy process, you could use the    Krusader    Docker (GUI file manager) or the built-in    mc    file manager (mc is a semi-graphic file manager that you start by typing mc at a command line prompt).   You could use the command line rsync command.  (This is only for those who are really into command line usage.)  By the way, I would use copy and not move.  That way, you have a backup in case of any problems in the near future.  (If you have a backup copy, you will probably never need it...  😈  )

• Like 1