SMART error replace

So checked my Unraid Server this morning and shocked to see the SMART error listed on my first HDD. 5 Reallocated sector count was marked and doing research it looks like the drive is failing right and it should be replaced ASAP right? I recently added a shucked 2nd data drive to the pool, which I'm now thinking of moving that to replace the drive. Does that sound like a good plan to you guys? Nothing's on that drive yet, was just sitting there. I can then wait for another sale to buy another one. Just wanted to run that by you guys before I take out the drive.

I did try re-arranging the drives and obviously that didn't work. I first took out the Disk 1 I had there (after marking it as No Device before shutting it down). Since I already had the Disk 2 assigned in Unraid, it wouldn't let me put it in the Disk 1 spot with the array stopped. Is there anyway I can re-assign Disk 2 to Disk 1 or do I have to replace it (Disk 1)?

As you discovered, you can't remove disk2. You would have to rebuild parity without disk2 to get it out of the array. Which would require using disk1 for the parity rebuild.

Anyway, 8 Reallocated isn't necessarily a reason to replace. Run an extended SMART test on it and if it passes and the count doesn't increase just acknowledge the warning by clicking on it on the Dashboard.

Thanks for the idea about re-building the parity drive without Disk 2 there. With the array stopped, if I take Disk 2 out would I be able to restart the array without it there? I tried a short SMART self-test one but that didn't do anything. Just started an extended one, we'll see what that does.