[SOLVED] Server Going Unresponsive Multiple Times This Week

Ok, I just received a CRC error on a completely different drive. Therefore, I'm pretty confident that the cable itself is bad (or going bad). - Since that particular drive was my only parity drive. I'm going to pause the rebuild just to be safe. I'm going to shut down the server and have already placed a store pickup order for replacement cables (going to replace all 4 since the original cables were a sleeved bundle) from my local Fry's. -- Just waiting on the "order ready" confirmation...

Edited by MarkRMonaco

Just another update... I picked up the replacement SATA-III cables and installed them. Of course, that means that I now need to wait for the drive to rebuild again since it was postponed earlier today.

If anyone has any further insight into the Syslog issue, I would love to get that up and running.  Thanks in advance.

Everything appears to be fixed on my end and no further CRC errors have shown up since the cables were replaced. - For the time being, I keep the RAM at the factory XMP speed without any additional overclocks applied.

As for the Syslog server, it is still not functioning correctly. Therefore, I may look into either a Docker that can serve the same purpose (making the Unraid server itself just a client to send logs) or one of my Raspberry Pi's.

Edited by MarkRMonaco
  • MarkRMonaco changed the title to [SOLVED] Server Going Unresponsive Multiple Times This Week