VM confusion - Single Machine

ne10g

I'm moving forward!

Although the Unraid box "hung" as in froze on the screen, it did start, which is good...so I then went ahead and built a W10 VM, chasing to use the 2080ti....started it...and BOOM the display kicked in on my main monitor.  So just going through and installing W10 now.

It's a step in the right direction, as I do not need to actually "see" Unraid, happy to start it headless now.

That leaves the 1650 to play with as well.  Thanks @civic95man for your patience and advice so far, invaluable!

Sorry, I was reviewing the motherboard manual and no, you can't select the primary display.  Its usually the card in the first slot so you could try to physically swap your 2080ti and 1650 in their slots and see if the 1650 comes up as primary.  If you do this, it will most likely swap around their location within the IOMMU group and move them to different addresses, so you will need to change your binding and the VM gpu assignment.  

But since you have it working, you can decide if you really need to admin it locally or remotely via the web interface. 

In either case I'm glad you have it working and glad I could help you some.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, civic95man said:

Sorry, I was reviewing the motherboard manual and no, you can't select the primary display.  Its usually the card in the first slot so you could try to physically swap your 2080ti and 1650 in their slots and see if the 1650 comes up as primary.  If you do this, it will most likely swap around their location within the IOMMU group and move them to different addresses, so you will need to change your binding and the VM gpu assignment.  

But since you have it working, you can decide if you really need to admin it locally or remotely via the web interface. 

In either case I'm glad you have it working and glad I could help you some.

Thanks again mate! We are in business now ,the W10 Vm is started and its running just as well as bare metal, IMPRESSIVE!!!

I'll get this working for now, then move onto plex/radarr etc.  tomorrow now before the Mrs kills me, as an hour here tinkering has turned into a solid 6 hour stint haha!

• Haha 1