[SOLVED] User Shares went *POOF*

Evmax

Hi all- first time forum poster here:

I had 2 weird things happen back to back. I noticed missing content on my Plex server, so I logged into the WebUI to take a look, and saw that my Drive 3 was suddenly "Unmountable no file system detected" which was....weird. I had a hot spare, so I took the array down and swapped the drive. The rebuild process started normally, but then I noticed that all of my user shares were completely missing. Data was still intact, but if I browsed to /mnt/user/ all the folders were missing.

I immediately grabbed diagnostics knowing I'd need to post here. Does anyone have any advice for me? I guess worst-case I could just recreate the user shares again with the same names, but I'm worried there's a root cause I'm missing.

unraid-diagnostics-20200925-1432.zip

16 hours ago, trurl said:

Rebuild is not the way to fix unmountable. Likely the rebuild will also be unmountable. You need to repair the filesystem:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

Probably broken user shares is just a symptom of the corrupt disk. Fix that and your user shares should be back, since they are just the top level folders on all disks.

You are totally right. Data rebuild completed, which at least allowed me to mount the rebuilt drive. Did an xfs_repair -nv and sure enough- fs corruption for days. 

Ran a repair, rebooted, mounted the array and the shares were back. Thanks for your help, trurl!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] User Shares went *POOF*