[6.8.3] Realtek RTL8125 / RTL8125B(S) Driver

garydapogi

Hi Folks,

My first ever post on this forum, using a freshly made forum account.

I'm trying out the software and I can't go further due to network issue, no Internet connection because my Ethernet controller is not working. No loaded drivers for it.

However, after doing a research, found out that I can manually load/install the driver for my Ethernet Controller, which is a Realtek r8125 - inbuilt in to my Gigabyte Aorus B550 PRO AC motherboard. So if other guys out there want to make your LAN work in Linux Ubuntu, etc, you just install the drivers.

Okay, moving forward, I installed the drivers and got it working on my Linux-based OS Linuxmint 20. Driver was downloaded from:

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Under Unix/Linux > 2.5G Ethernet LINUX driver r8125 for kernel up to 5.6

Now, my question is, can we install the drivers manually in the unRaid USB Flash Drive? Or can we install it while on the command line? 

Any advise/ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You need to use the latest beta, it can be download from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/next/unRAIDServer-6.9.0-beta29-x86_64.zip

Thank you for your advice.

However, I don't want to use the BETA version, and I'm aware of that release too.

The mission is to use the latest STABLE release, since it will be used on a production environment. So that's the main reason I asked on this forum "How can we install the drivers manually in the unRaid USB Flash Drive"? Is this even possible?

Edited by garydapogi