Explain network bridging in unRAID?

Could someone explain network bridging to me? Maybe a use case of when you would want to use this feature.

Right now i have 2 nics in my server, the main nic gets ip from DHCP and most containers run in bridge or host mode. Second NIC runs on a vlan and has a single container with static ip. Everything can talk to each other no problem. When does one need bridging?

Edited by baunegaard

I have nearly all my dockers bridged. The main reason was so that I could selectively route some of them, based on IP address, via a VPN using my PfSense box. I ended up bridging most of the rest because the ones that were originally bridged couldn't communicate with the ones that weren't.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I have run into a dead end with this one. I have two NICs. I have one VM - Win10 and two dockers - pihole and UNIFI controller. No matter what I do with the NICs I can;t get it to work on two different subnets. I want my VM and unRAID to be on 192.168.10.0/24 subnet and my dockers on 192.168.0.0/24 subnet. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks.