Connecting different USB disks leads to error

I have a number of old disks that I'd like to check whether I still have any data on them. Doing this with a simple USB enclosure (only 1 disk) and reading with UD.

This worked very well for the first drive, but struggling with the disks thereafter. I believe this is related to the device IDs being duplicate. So, UD seems not able to identify the new disk (even if the old one is no long attached).

Any thoughts how to fix this? There must be some form of cache or log that I can delete? Log attached.

tower-diagnostics-20201004-1644.zip

1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

I believe this is related to the device IDs being duplicate.

That's not the problem, looks like an UD issue, you should post on the plugin support thread:

Oct  4 16:01:08 Tower unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sdaa2' on '/mnt/disks/'.
Oct  4 16:01:08 Tower unassigned.devices: Issue spin down timer for device '/dev/sdaa'.
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 1 TIMES] ###
Oct  4 16:04:20 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmounting disk ''...
Oct  4 16:04:20 Tower unassigned.devices: Cannot unmount '/dev/sdaa2'.  UD did not mount the device.
Oct  4 16:04:20 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk '' could not be unmounted.
Oct  4 16:04:31 Tower unassigned.devices: Issue spin down timer for device '/dev/sdaa'.
Oct  4 16:04:32 Tower unassigned.devices: Unmounting disk ''...
Oct  4 16:04:32 Tower unassigned.devices: Cannot unmount '/dev/sdaa2'.  UD did not mount the device.
Oct  4 16:04:32 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk '' could not be unmounted.

• Like 1

Thanks. I have just posted as well in the UD thread. I was suspecting that this could because of the duplicate ID because of log below:

Oct  4 15:17:14 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'nal_USB_3.0_[removed]', mountpoint 'TO_Exter_nal_USB_3.0' is not set to auto mount and will not be mounted.
Oct  4 15:17:14 Tower unassigned.devices: Issue spin down timer for device '/dev/sdw'.
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sdw1'...
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t xfs -o rw,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdw1' '/mnt/disks/TO_Exter_nal_USB_3.0'
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower kernel: XFS (sdw1): Filesystem has duplicate UUID [removed] - can't mount
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdw1' failed. Error message: mount: /mnt/disks/TO_Exter_nal_USB_3.0: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdw1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. 
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower unassigned.devices: Partition 'TO_Exter nal_USB_3.0' could not be mounted.
Oct  4 15:17:21 Tower unassigned.devices: Issue spin down timer for device '/dev/sdw'.

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That is also a problem, but the UUID can only be duplicate with another mounted disk, for example if that disk was once part of the array and then upgraded, you can change the UUID for that disk in the UD settings.

Thanks! Ok, I guess this could have been the case. So, the two issues may well be unrelated?