UnRaid server unresponsive: no network, hdmi, or keyboard

When I got up this morning, my UnRaid server was inaccessible. It was working before I went to bed last night, and has been working flawlessly for about 6 months. 

Plugging in an HDMI cable shows just a black screen. I plugged in two different keyboards, and neither will light up the Num Lock key, and appear to not be getting initialized. I cannot ping either of the 2 network interfaces on the server. nbtstat -A and nmap cannot find the server. My docker container and VM running on the server are also both inaccessible. 

It appears to be that the UnRaid server is completely locked up. 

Before I do anything to the server (like a hard reboot), I wanted to ask for advice on the next steps. Because people have experienced so many different issues with unresponsiveness related to UnRaid, I found solutions to my particular issue a bit hard to search for. 

Seems like nothing you can do but hard reboot if it isn't responding to local keyboard and on the network.

Post Diagnostics ZIP after reboot, it likely won't tell us anything about the crash, but it will give us a lot of other useful information. Also, setup Syslog Server so you can retrieve syslog after next crash:

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Seems like nothing you can do but hard reboot if it isn't responding to local keyboard and on the network.

Post Diagnostics ZIP after reboot, it likely won't tell us anything about the crash, but it will give us a lot of other useful information. Also, setup Syslog Server so you can retrieve syslog after next crash:

Thanks. Powered it down and back up. Came right up. I started the array in maintenance mode and started a parity check which should be done by tomorrow. 

As soon as the server came up and before starting the array, I pulled the diagnostics. After starting the array and parity check, I pulled the syslog. Let me know if you see anything out of order. Nothing jumped out at me as problematic. I'll get a syslog server setup for unRaid. Thanks for the idea. 

solidsnake-diagnostics-20201005-1244-POST-UNCLEAN.zip solidsnake-syslog-20201005-1650-PARITY-CHECK-STARTED.zip

Diagnostics already includes syslog since last reboot so no need to post that separately. Since syslog is in RAM like the rest of the OS, Syslog Server lets you save syslogs elsewhere so they aren't lost on reboot. Without Syslog Server there is no information from before crash so that is what might help in the event of crash.

Thanks. I will report back with any BIOS findings tomorrow. I included the additional syslog because I had started the array after pulling diag, just to provide as much complete info as possible. This is my first crash, but since it happened once, it is bound to happen again. I'll get syslog setup right away.