migration from 6.8.3 to 6.9.x

Hello,

due to excessive write on cache pool in 6.8.3 i had to switch to a 1 disk cache formatted in xfs.

Share on cache are system, appdata and domains.

From what i read Beta releases seem to be quite stable.

I don't like to run an unprotected cache despite the fact i have backups.

So i'm considering moving to beta.

I have around 40 dockers and 6 vm (without disk passtrough). I use lsio nvidia version (i have 2 gpu and one is used for plex and tdarr dockers). I have sata hdds in the main case and a sas external case (the cache disk is in the sas case) attached to a lsi 9207-8e controller.

I have a single 860evo ssd as cache disk.

Can i upgrade to beta, then create a new 2 ssd pool and move data from cache to new pool manually (of course with array offline)?

After that i plan to reuse the single ssd (plus another one) to make another cache pool and then use one of the pool for appdata and cache for array and the second one for vms.

cool i didn't think to that as i had bad experience with the mover. But as soon as the parity protected array is not involved it should be quick enough.

I've not seen screenshots of beta for now.

So based on your answer i guess you can invoke the mover to move folders from a cache pool to another. 😀