[SOLVED] LZMA data is corrupt

GTM

Hello,  I have this new production system, so like everything it seems, I’d need help quickly if possible.

Anyway.

Now when I boot up the system, I get to the blue menu selection screen just fine, it counts down and when it tries to normally boot into UnRaid,  I quickly get…

=====================

Loading  /bzimage… ok

Loading  /bzroot… ok

LZMA data is corrupt

-- System halted

=====================

One of the last things I did that lead up to this point was make a VM using ubuntu.  I did not have the disk drive settings or the chipset set to (what I now think as a possibility)  Correctly.   I had Q35 instead of the i440, then I had the vdisk bus to VirtIO,  INSTEAD of the SATA.  I booted the VM and went into the ubuntu setup and installation… it was showing progress bars and writing to the disk,  THEN the entire unraid machine locked up hard.

Now, after powering it off and back on (and numerous reboots after that)  I have the LZMA Data Corrupt message every time.

I tried what was suggested in this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/58750-solved-lzma-data-corrupt/

It didn’t help.

Anny suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

George

Hey Johnnie,

Thanks for the fix.  I know it would have worked worked because it booted up fine using your suggestion.. after I found the cause of the failure.

I did a MEMTEST on the ram and wow.. nothing but red scrolling by. Turned out the bios forgot the memory speed setting and caused things to go bazerk and that is why I was getting this error in this situation.   I had 3200 speed ddr4 ram in stalled, and the bios was set to 2400. After the correction memtest passed and it booted right up.

Thanks for the quick reply as well.  Had it been the drive and not the memory, I'm confident that what you suggested would have worked and I am going to file it away in my tool box too.

Sincerely,

George

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] LZMA data is corrupt