Transfer VDisks from Cache to Unassigned SSD

As the title says, I'm looking to move my two VM VDisks off my cache drive (128gb samsung 840 pro) to an unassigned SSD (1tb samsung 850 EVO) because I need more space for each VM and 128gb isn't enough, plus I figure seperating would help lessen the load on the 128 gb ssd (other than VMs, the only thing the cache drive has is the default shares, all the made shares like movies, etc. go straight to the array since I'm limited by 1gbps ports anyway, so cache ssd speed doesn't make a difference).

What's the easiest way for me to move my existing VDisks to the unassigned drive? I tried looking up and found a few different threads but could never get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

All,

I am using this process for a different purpose but it seems to me it would work.

I have an existing 500Gb SSD housing my Windows 10 VM. Its old and I think it needs to be put out to pasture before it fails.

I want to move the VM and associated data disk, about 500 Gb, to a new 1Tb SSD I just acquired. 

The new 1Tb drive is currently added to Unraid as an Unidentified Device - just like the 500Gb I currently run my VM on.

The copy through WinSCP is currently underway. Its gonna take a bit - about an hour and a half.

Is there anyone who can tell me if this will work?

My next step, after the copy is complete, will be to modify the VM property sheet to use the new disk instead of the old disk.

Does this sound like it will work?

Thanks in advance