Lots of reading done prior to this question

Hi there, have done lots of reading on hardware prior to asking a question.

So based on recommendations I have ordered and found all is compatible:

3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drives

2x Kingston SSD drives (Cache and boot)

Asus Z87I-PRO  (6 SATA 6GB/s ports)

Intel Core i3-4170T CPU (Supports EEC) 

Fractal Design NODE 304 Black Mini ITX Case

SilverStone 500W SFX Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold

Where I am a bit unsure

I have found 2 second hand (good condition) EEC Memory 

DDR3 PC10600 RAM - ECC REGISTERED & BUFFERED. I am totally unsure if this is compatible with the Intel Core i3-4170T CPU (Supports EEC) and Asus Z87I-PRO  (6 SATA 6GB/s ports).

The CPU mentions supported EEC: Yes, and type of memory DDR3 1333/1600. This is the same for the Motherboard. However I am simply stumped on the DDR3 PC10600, Is this the same as DDR3 1333 RAM? Image attached of the DDR3 8GB ram that someone is selling.

If so, then all I really need to now find is an affordable and compatible 10GBe RJ45 Network card. 

Any feedback please.

DDR3 ram 8GB.jpg

Edited by [email protected]
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That board doesn't support ECC RAM, and even if it did the CPU only supports unbuffered ECC (on a board with ECC support), not registered ECC.

Hi JorgeB, thank you for clarifying. I have unfortunately gone and bought this MB yesterday. Looks like I will need to sell the board and CPU/RAM and look for another affordable solution of ITX that supports buffered/registered EEC RAM. The search begins again. I started this project at the beginning with the freeNAS in mind, and quickly switched over to unRAID for what looks to be a better solution for me. 

I will go search the forums on supported ITX boards and go from there since the new mini ITX case is already on the way.

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Or you could keep the mobo/cpu and get compatible RAM. Many people run without ECC and I did for years, only got some recently when I needed to rebuild.

I do have MB, Ram and CPU already, just not compatible EEC. I did think to run it without EEC, 

I do wedding video and photography, and worried about data loss for skimping out on a complete EEC setup. But if you gave been running this for years already then it sounds stable enough. 

Is there a compiled list somewhere that I can read through of all ITX boards that are EEC enabled?