Unable to access web gui from desktop

formerly

Hey all,

I've searched high and low for the answer and done extensive troubleshooting. Hopefully I'm just missing something easy.

My equipment:

unRAID 6.8.3

Server: Dell r720xd

Network: Unifi UDMP and switch

Yesterday I was able to access the web GUI. My backplane in my r720xd was toast so I had to replace it today, and then I added drives. Rebooted and my web GUI access is gone. This is a fresh install, I had not done anything to the server other than install the unRAID OS.

I can ping it from my desktop.

I can SSH to it.

Port 80 is open.

I can console in via iDRAC and see that the server is running. I can boot into the GUI mode and run the server, everything is there, including the GUI and new drives.

It gives me a 192. address like I would expect.

The USB IS a 3.0 which I found out too late is not recommended. It's 64Gb Samsung Fit Plus. I would consider replacing this, but 1) the web GUI WAS working, and now it's not, and 2) everything else functions, including GUI when consoled into the server.

What logs can I provide to assist troubleshooting? 

I asked this on reddit and it led to troubleshooting a "eth0 is down. Check cable!" error and have resolved that. https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/jreibg/cant_access_web_gui/

Sounds like a networking issue.

You might need to clear the ARP cache, its probably still associating the Unraid IP address with the MAC address of your old motherboard.

Alternatively you can power cycle your network gear and should give the same result.

Some of the more network savvy guys on here might be able to provide more guidance

19 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Sounds like a networking issue.

You might need to clear the ARP cache, its probably still associating the Unraid IP address with the MAC address of your old motherboard.

Alternatively you can power cycle your network gear and should give the same result.

Some of the more network savvy guys on here might be able to provide more guidance

Thanks you. This solved it.