2nd cache pool disk failing, Unraid doesn't notice

This is the second time that my cache pool dropped a disk and Unraid didn't notice. I did reboot and now, after the reboot, Unraid recognized that a cache pool disk has been gone. A full balance did start automatically for the remaining disk and is running currently.

My questions:

Why doesn't Unraid recognize when a cache pool disk has been gone. Is there something I can do? I do have a script that queries the cache status but that does inform me - but Unraid behaves as if nothing had happened.

Can I get rid of that filesystem BTRFS for my cache pools and use a different FS for the cache pool? Whenever I do experience problems with Unraid most of the time it's BTRFS related.

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

I bet Amazon refuses RMA when a disk has been completely written 24 times (1 TB disks).

I didn't say to RMA the devices, but it's not the number of times it's written the matters, every SSD has a life counter on SMART, as long as that is still not at or over 100% they have to honor the warranty.